Geospatial Optronics services
Dronautics operational research centre
Geospatial Optronics Inc. is an industrial inspection company offering photogrammetric and aerial technologies to the southern region of Quebec. OGI offers accurate air and mobile services, responding to a wide variety of municipal and commercial projects, addressing risk management in the target area and providing unique data insights. Thanks to integrated solutions such as photogrammetry, targeted documentation, aerial mapping and drone thermal image capture, OGI is able to offer its customers state-of-the-art systems that lead to optimal results. Clients are our number one priority and we strive to deliver the most efficient and accurate results for every project. Our investments in research and development focused on advanced technologies will be an asset for your company.
New technologies represented by artificial intelligence, big data, robots, drones, etc. are reshaping all walks of life, altering the cost structure, labor requirements, production efficiency and even business models of companies and organizations in industries. In the field of wireless communication, antenna alignment inspection is a requirement for the delivery and acceptance of the base station. With traditional working methods, it often takes experienced telecommunications workers to climb the tower for testing, acceptance, troubleshooting and inspection. Not only is the efficiency very low and the cost high, but it also poses challenges for limited human resources and staff safety. For places that are difficult to access manually, such as mountain stations, the problems of efficiency and safety are more serious.
In response to the above problems, we have developed an antenna alignment inspection system based on drone and AI technology, which can perform base station antenna alignment audit without telco support in minutes for each site, without having to climb the tower. Antenna height, latitude and longitude, azimuth, downtilt are tested automatically with generated test report. Panoramic photos and videos of the tower sites are also taken by the drone and recorded in the report.
Research and development
At OGi, we have our own research and development department and spend half of our budget on it. A lot of effort to develop and test our state-of-the-art equipment and thus be constantly ahead of the competition. We develop tools to integrate new sectors of activity thanks to our unique innovations.
Tell us your futur projects
By drone or robot, we can carry out inspections in the air, on the surface or underground. These analyzes are carried out by qualified pilots and technicians. Depending on their area of expertise, they have obtained one or more training courses including Transport Canada’s TP15263 standards, WHMIS, Thermograph Level 2 certification, etc.
The many benefits of a drone or robot inspection include rapid deployment, safe access to restricted or ostile areas, increased metadata capture and significantly reduced risk of injury or accident. With OGi, by our military technology, we are clearly ahead of the current competition.
Click on the image to enlarge
ANALYSIS - META-DATA - SERVER
Our encrypted, secure and remote connections to our own servers are part of OGi’s turnkey solutions for:
- Countering Cyber Threats
- Avoid information theft
- Host a high volume of data
- Generate analyzes remotely
- Make various reports accessible to our clients
At OGi, making drone or robot stations increasingly automated, efficient and safe is one of the innovations in high-speed data collection and multiple deployments.
By automating the entire system, reducing the number of people required to operate inspections, we reduce costs to companies by 40%. The images, videos and metadata collected during the scans come from our drones or robots to be automatically redirected to automated processing stations. A demonstration of our know-how will convince you.
Enable data collection to organize and make production decisions faster and with fewer resources. Louis-Philippe, automation technician and drone trainer, knows very well the impact of the lack of personnel in companies. The advantage of business automation and connectivity will allow them to integrate the new way of doing things.
Its 25 years of industry experience benefits customers and partners through OGi by facilitating integration with Industrialization 4.0 (connectivity and automation). It offers solutions, turnkey training and integrates the addition of tools for the management of the production process (connected systems, drones, robots).
Innovation in working mode:
The drone is used to replace the traditional manual tower climbing survey;
Innovation in measurement methods:
- Image recognition-based AI measurement replaces traditional handheld measurement; Innovation in data management:
- Automatic data collection and management replaces traditional inking.
Antenna alignment test solution based on drone and AI (artificial intelligence) technology can automatically test multiple antenna parameters such as mechanical downtilt, azimuth, longitude, latitude, height antenna, etc. Testing a single base station only takes a few minutes. It applies to the acceptance test of 2G/3G/4G/5G antenna installation and delivery, as well as the accuracy check of the antenna database.
At the network planning stage, the drone-based antenna alignment tester could be used to take panoramic photos of sites and the surrounding environment from the air, and collect information such as the height of the antenna. antenna of the site using AI technology. The information obtained is important for operators to formulate a reasonable network planning and construction program.
The drone based antenna alignment audit solution could be widely used in hill stations, tower stations, street lights and ordinary rooftop stations, which greatly improves the planning efficiency of the network and acceptance testing, and avoid security risks in manual operations.
Principles of antenna alignment measurement Antenna downtilt calculation:
- Use the drone to take aerial images and send data back to the server in real time;
- Identify the actual frame where the antenna is located using a multi-scale detection algorithm;
- Use the antenna target segmentation algorithm to segment the actual frame;
- Adopt the antenna downtilt measurement algorithm to obtain the antenna downtilt angle.
- Antenna Azimuth Calculation:
- Control the drone to be at the same height as the antenna and start taking pictures;
- Use AI image recognition technology and drone gyroscope to record relevant parameters;
- Transmit the data to the cloud server to calculate the antenna azimuth. Antenna Height Calculation:
- Control the drone to fly at the same height as the antenna and take frontal shots. At the same time, the height of the drone could be read on the remote control monitor.
- Perform a complete scan of a factory section, your telecommunications tower, a civil engineering site, an agricultural territory to facilitate the management/inventory of your equipment and crops, validate the implementation of new processes. For remote referencing of dimensions, analyze the properties of high-frequency radiation wiring, imaging taken before or after modifications. Request a quote or information.
Innovation industrial inspection
Do business with us
Reduce network construction costs.
Tower rental prices tend to increase with increasing antenna height. If the most reasonable antenna height is designed based on the principle of coverage index, insufficient coverage or wasted investment caused by unreasonable construction height can be avoided, thereby reducing costs.
Accurate and detailed data collection.
Accurate azimuth and downtilt of the antenna can ensure that the actual coverage of the base station is the same as expected, and guarantee the performance of the whole network.
Save resources and reduce risk.
Using drones instead of manually climbing the tower saves tower worker resources, reduces waiting time to get to the station, and avoids worker safety hazards. tower.
Reduce the coordination of properties.
For some residential and commercial properties, remote surveying and inspection performed by a drone-based solution can effectively reduce disruption to residents and complete the job with much time savings.
The Importance of Drone Based Antenna Alignment Test System
- With the acceleration of the construction of 5G macro-base stations, the acceptance testing efficiency of newly built stations can be further increased, the negative influence of human factors (tower workers’ personal capabilities and testing method estimation test, etc.) on the measurement of antenna attitude parameters can be reduced and the accuracy of test results can be improved. Data accuracy is very important for further network maintenance and optimization.
- When an accurate database of base station antennas is obtained, the telecom operator can get accurate accounting with tower rental companies and avoid overpaying.
- For the daily network optimization work, except the necessary technical installation and modification, the need to communicate and coordinate with the owners is greatly avoided, which will further improve the operation efficiency of your facility.